|The Fish House at Kapkik Lake|
Dad, Chris, and the crew flew North to Kapkik last week for another overnighter. This will be their last trip there on floats for this year, as the ice is already forming on some of the lakes. They will now have to wait until the ice is safe to land on and then they can fly up there on skis. They pulled the airplanes out of the water today.
|Insulation Done in the Cabin at Kapkik|
Freeze-up is starting early this year, but Dad is very pleased with the progress that they have made at Kapkik. They have actually surpassed their timeline goal with the new cabin. This trip, they sheeted in the fish house and put the roof on. They were also able to completely insulate the cabin, which made for a more comfortable night's sleep.
|Snowmobile at Kapkik Lake Cabin|
As mentioned before, the ice is already forming on the shorelines on the lakes up North. Dad says its only a matter of days now until ice over. Generally, the lakes around here will freeze about 5 days after the ice forms up North, so ice-over isn't too far off for us either. I guess that means ice fishing is just around the corner!
|Last Group of Musky Fisherman at K.C.'s Landing Resort|
Until next time,